Monday, February 28, 2011

Callville Bay Classic

Well I had another great race.  I improved over my last race - and plan on getting better with each race I do.  My hill climb Time Trial could have been better - but the more comfortable I get with Time Trials I will be able to do so much better.  I try to reserve energy and I am learning I just have to go out there and go for it.

The Road Race was tragic, one of the racers was hit by a car and the race was neutralized.  This was a bit of a bummer - because I was doing really well.  There was a great sense of team work though - we were all concerned and there to help wherever we could with the other racer.  I think that is something that women racers have - compassion.  We all road back to the finish together and got ready for the next day.

The Crit was so much better this time - I stayed with the pack until I lost my momentum on a corner.  I got to close to the fence and it worried me so I kind of lost it at that point.  I will do so much better the more I do crits.  I did witness a couple of nasty crashes and that scares me - but I guess the best thing to do is to face our fears and just work at improving.

Three weeks of training for the next race.  It will be great - I will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment