Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Race!

Well I have completed my first stage race.  I had a blast!  I did not finish quite as well as I had hoped but it was my first race ever and my first race of the season.  It is tough to train here in Utah and compete with racers that get to train year round.  I finished 19th, so I at least landed in the top 20.  There were 32 women in my category, but only 26 finished the race.

My next race is in a week and a half.  The training has been bumped up - and with the temps in the high 50s this week I will be hitting the pavement with some crazy interval training.  I did my favorite cycle class last night, yoga and some weight training this morning.  Out on the road this afternoon.  It will be a tough week - but it should get me in a little better shape for the next stage race.

No comments:

Post a Comment